Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Sexual Mastery

Post subject: Foreskin Restoration
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:33 am 
Arm Chair Therapist

I did not even know that such a thing was possible. Yet apparently it is. I did a little research after a discussion with my wife about circumcision and reading some articles on that. We did not circumcize my son even though I had been. It was my decision that I struggled with for a while. In the end I decided it was up to him, that if he wanted it later, he could make that decision for himself, I would not take it from him. After watching him grab his foreskin and tug it around while giggling during diaper changes, I knew I had made the right decision for him and me. I could not bear the thought of taking the joy he gets from it away from him.

These articles I was reading kept referring to foreskin restoration which seemed bizarre, so I delved into it. Non surgical restoration is possible by stimulating skin cell mitosis through tension (not stretching). It can take years, but there are techniques, tools, and support groups to help do it. It doesn't replace everything, not the 20,000 nerves lost or the ring, but it does reproduce some of the physical benefits, not to mention the psychological ones.

The big psychological reason for me is dealing with my penis shame, reclaiming something taken from me without my consent. I have a good friend that has been my ear and we were trying to delve into the nature of my shame, but I don't have any real recollections of being actively shamed from my childhood, either because it happened before I can remember or they are repressed. Doing this allows me to take power over my own penis, to have it as I wish. It is not a cure all, but simply a step in me letting go of the past and taking control of myself being the man I want to be. Symbols are a powerful thing and I feel this would be a good one for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 am 
Jung

Hey man, if you feel it's the right thing for you, then by all means DO IT.

I'm sure I've missed out on much joy that could have been had from foreskin tugging throughout the years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 am 
Aristotle

Thanks for sharing dude. Hope it's something that works for you and helps you live the life you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:47 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

I think it will man. I have come a long way and have a long way to go. I have reached many small moments that have added up to help me take responsibility for myself and start becoming the person I want to be. One of my recent mini-epiphanies was realizing I was judging my own desires as silly or selfish. Instead of trying to bury them now, I am owning them, accepting them. This is important to me because I am doing it for myself not as a means to an end, but simply for itself. It is the way I would prefer to be, so I am doing it.

It is a small part of the whole though. Every day I am expressing myself more openly for what I desire, what is on my mind, asking for help, not making assumptions, and being more vulnerable. This doesn't fix those things, only makes me more comfortable with myself by taking charge of my own sexuality and being proud of my penis, something I have had a love/hate relationship with a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 am 
Jung

ya gotta love your penis man!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

You do :). Starting the process I have found a side benefit being that I am already growing more comfortable with it and even learning to get better at self pleasure as a side benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:29 pm 
Fresh Fish

I'd have to say that it's a matter of perception. To each their own.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Sexual Mastery