Quantcast

Board index : THE BOARDROOM : The Empowerment Project

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 pm 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

This is a brain dump which is the result of me being stuck.

I'm stuck because my original plan is not working. I planned for Leigh to start writing the program for this project around this time. Specifically, he would be talking with homeless kids, getting to the core of their issues, and creating a coaching program around their needs.

However, his workload is too high as he is busy re-writing the coaching curriculum for AI until October. Which means the program for this project cannot go ahead for another 5 weeks.

We can either sit in limbo for 5 weeks or we can look at this as an opportunity to evolve the business model, to create new areas of possibility and to create some momentum in those areas.

I like the latter option. There is always Plan B :lol:

Will get stuck into it. And will keep you posted.

Steven

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 pm 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

By the way, feel free to chuck in ideas.

Here's what's floating around my head right now - feel free to add:

- Creating publicity / PR / community participation opportunities for corporates. Companies get on board as "proud supporters" and offer their employees an opportunity to volunteer in homelessness organisations.

Which results in:

- Creating story opportunities for the media. TV, local magazines, papers, websites and blogs to tell the story of how corporates are getting behind the homelessness cause.

All of the above results in:

- Creating funding opportunities for organisations in the homelessness space. Corporates donate money to the organisations like Wayside, OASIS, Rough Edges. The organisations use this money to pay wages of full-time and part-time social workers who will be trained in delivering Leigh's program to the homeless.

And all of the above results in:

- Creating opportunities for social workers who work in the homelessness space. This is where Leigh comes in. Works out what deep, underlying issues the homeless people are facing, creates the coaching methodology, then trains social workers in delivery of this methodology.

The goal here is to create a network where everyone sees their participation as an opportunity for them.

Steven

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:10 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

I think the project is a failure because it requires you to do a major shift in your life towards that.

Wouldn't be easier to take care of the purpose part from a percent of the profits you are making from your passion?

Wouldn't be easier if you donated, say, 30% of your monthly profits to an organization that specifically takes care of the homelessness cause?

You don't have to dedicate yourself in order to be involved. My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:01 am 
Endgame Aficionado

Maybe hire someone that has knowledge of the processes laid out in Endgame and an understanding of what you want to accomplish with the homeless children to come up with a business plan? It seems to me that using the information you have built this site from as a foundation for that change would be a better starting point than most homeless programs in existence today.
Once I get my self on track, I have a similar idea that I would like to execute for our criminal justice system. It's my opinion that we need to overhaul our way of thinking about criminals and how we prosecute them. The same may be said about homelessness.

Board index : THE BOARDROOM : The Empowerment Project