Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Wishbox

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 489  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:18 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Just bought it!!! If I don't fall asleep I'm gonna pull an all-nighter reading!

And I think that Borders would be an awesome option, because so many people up here in the States go to them. There's so much more of a chance someone who needs and wants it will find it.

"The cork could stick for a real-life Galt, too. But if it did, he would brush the distraction aside; he would not let it affect his mood or evening. In life one ignores the unimportant." -Ayn Rand, on John Galt uncorking a champagne bottle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:58 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I just had my first big realization: get MY life sorted and figure out what I want FIRST. I know it says that in the beginners guide, but I didn't truly think about it until just now. I don't know if I can really emphasize that enough. You were right LoGun, this book is opening doors for me. :)

"The cork could stick for a real-life Galt, too. But if it did, he would brush the distraction aside; he would not let it affect his mood or evening. In life one ignores the unimportant." -Ayn Rand, on John Galt uncorking a champagne bottle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:02 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

So, I told myself I wasn't gonna post after every sentence, but after reading the paragraph where Steven talks about wanting to be free, to not worry when she goes to the bathroom, not worrying about thinking of what to say, etc. I have to say: YES!!! That is...perfection. Right when I read that, it wasn't one lightbulb clicking on, it was around a million.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:02 pm 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

That's a lot of lightbulbs.

S_

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:49 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

No, this is a lot of lightbulbs!

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I'm so glad you're getting so much out of it and you're not even past the first chapter yet. This should be a very interesting ride for you.

It means a lot to me that we can help you like this. It really does. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of your journey.

L.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

You're welcome :) and thank YOU for giving me the tools and guidance to help with the journey. I'm forever grateful.

I've had a few more insights, but I'm gonna wait and post them all at once a bit later after I finish the book.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:25 am 
Arm Chair Therapist

I love this book!

Some time ago I was browsing thorugh the AI archive, thinking "Hm, these articles contain a lot of wisdom, but they're so jumbled. All this knowldedge needs to be put into a stringent order." Well done.

I liked the way the book is written as a dialogue. Pretty much struck me as the classic Socratic method of questioning, was that intended? It worked pretty well for me because I'd say that right now I'm at the same point as the Steven in the book. Sometimes while reading I had a question come up in my mind just then to read Steven asking it, haha ;)
Not sure though if people can really understand it if they're at the beginning of their PUA journey?!

Rest assured that your efforts are truly appreciated and you're making a change in many a people's lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Great to hear you enjoyed it.

I chose the dialogue format specifically because it gave me a vehicle to be able to answer all the questions that guys ask around this material and to flesh out the answers in a lot of detail.

And yes, a lot of beginners have issues with the material but then again, a lot don't. As long as they're coming from a mindset of wanting to find the Man that lies beyond the layers then it sits really well with them.

Glad to hear you got so much out of it.

Did you get much benefit out of the recommendations at the end of the book?

L.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:27 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

LoGun wrote:

Did you get much benefit out of the recommendations at the end of the book?

I'm not sure which recommendations you mean...

The topics in "Turn up the Volume"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:19 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Yeah, they're the ones I'm talking about. All the 'turn up the volume', honesty stuff.

Profile WWW 

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Wishbox

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 489  Next