Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:29 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Oh, you just want the pill? Oh... Why didn't you say so??? I'll send them out immediately :-)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:04 am 
Endgame Aficionado

off-topic/law-of-attraction-and-positive-thought-t10752.html

Here is my question:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

If you have to pick less than all, then the lowest their #) is the more important they are to me.

1) What are the ways you know how to spot your blind spots, get reality checked and spot bullshit you're using/running? How do you apply them in your daily life? Especially any ways that you can apply by yourself when you don't have a mentor/other person to call you on your bullshit.

What do you do / have you done when you've noticed something's 'off' in the way you're living? Like "I notice I'm trying to control the external environment again... I need to-" what? How do you bring yourself back on track?

3) If I know that I have a shitton of stuff to work on to be the kind of man my ideal women want, to approach her and life in general from the place I want to, should I still work on getting comfortable with approaching at the same time as I'm dealing with my other shit? edit 1/7/2013: I THINK I GOT IT: yeah I should, because the more places I approach my shit from, the more it (the shit) will be revealed to me and I'll have more opportunities to understand it and deal with it. If I act in more places in my life, then I'll fail more and have more learning opportunities.

Edit 1/7/2013: 2) I am working on getting comfortable with women (despite that doubt I wrote above) among other things. Basically weekly plans like "talk to 5 women I wouldn't normally talk to today" that means women whom I'm nervous interacting with. But I noticed that one thing I do to accomplish this is that to lessen the fear, I think of situational things to start conversations with, or excuses. Like "hey, do you study blah? yeah- oh do you guys learn to bleh?" or "this line sure is the quick one, huh?". My question is: am I shooting myself in the foot, am I conditioning myself to make approaching acceptable only with an excuse that veils my 'real' purpose? I mean, I'm chatting you up because I want to get comfortable doing that with women I find attractive. Not necessarily because I care about what answer you have about what I am asking.

Post subject: Re: Ask me ANYTHING!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 am 
Endgame Aficionado

How to find true passion and purpose when you are in low place in your life?

How to know what you want? I know it is an emotion, change of state. Like being powerful, feeling love, connection etc. But I don’t know what to do with my life. What to choose, and I end up doing nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:30 am 
Endgame Aficionado

Hi I'm new here I asked a question in the blog and got directed to the forum, so here goes

I'm 42 just gone through a divorce, my question is more about being social than anything,I have very few friends in fact only one real friend , I have somewhat of a social life as in I train at a martial arts club and interact with guys there and have occasional nights out with them and work mates, the thing is if I'm ever ina group it seems like I am the one that gets the mickey taken out of them the most and also the last to be heard when talking it's as though my opinion counts for nothing.
I suppose my neediness to be liked becomes self fulfilling and off putting

I recently went on a social event with a group of lads where I only new one lad and none of the others about (8 others ) and I purposely went out of my way not to give a fuck about them accepting me, It had some awkward moments when these lads all had the backs to me but instead of trying to get in the circle I went round the pub either watching the sport on the TV or talking to women.

I danced with girls at the night time and generally acted a dick and had fun on my own, I got feedback that this set of lads liked me, but I still felt a bit of a social outkast with them as I never felt in there clan....
Later in the evening as we were going home I left with the one mate I knew and a woman sat next to us at a local fast food joint, I chatted to her but she talked more to my mate, how can I develop social/presence status or whatever is nessacerry that I lack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

All great questions. I'm just trying to organise a time when I can get everyone together and then we'll get this done.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Could you go into more detail about connection? Especially not falling into the trap of trying to "show" yourself so that others see how "real" you are, instead of just being you. And how do you reconcile being independent from other's reactions with needing other people to connect with and form relationships.

Post subject: Re: Ask me ANYTHING!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

A big "Hi" to all my AI companions.. i've got a question....how will i be able to understand what she wants and give it to her unconditionally without drifting away from my internal focus and from doing what I personally want?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

We finished recording the first episode of this yesterday and I can tell you that there's some great content in there.

I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:53 am 
Dr. Phil

One area where I've criticized (sometimes publicly and heatedly) what I see on AI is the pursuit of goals simply for their own sake or for the sake of building what seems to be the self-concept of the goal-setter. I'm not against all goals, but there is a give-and-take that is happening with the world and the goals should be aligned with that give-and-take and the whole thing must be understood by the individual. This is an area that I've been thinking about a lot recently and I haven't completely worked it out for myself, but I think it's a huge question to be answered, possibly one of the last few to be answered before the engine starts to run on its own, so to speak. Here are a few more direct questions that might help to clarify what I'm saying:

"What is my relationship to the external world?"
"What is the balance of what I give to the world and what I take from the world?"

As it applies to women, this balance is crucial. Leigh, you often talk about how women want sex as much as men do. You probably have also said it this way, but I think a better way to phrase it is that you (the aspiring attractor) have something to give to women. When that is understood, barriers like fear and guilt are left behind. I can't imagine why someone would be nervous to give another person a gift unless there are other factors that might cause that nervousness. However, simply telling someone this won't actually change the way he feels or how well he understands himself. At best, he'll ignore it and, at worst, he'll try to make himself believe that he does understand it, which will lead to him angering or potentially scaring women. But once this understanding is attained, the individual's genuine desires will always be the final deciding factor in what he does and how he lives, including the way he deals with women.

Leigh, I'm curious about whether you have contemplated this question, how you think this understanding can be sought, and whatever else you might have to say about it.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next