Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 501  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

Most of the points that everyone post before me did occure to my conciousness as desirable goals in the past, in the present from time to time, like for example freedom, happyness, power,...

After experiencing them in the past and present moment i would say for me it is just ;) peace.

I want my peace, my inner untouchable peace of mind. Everything other than that seems so far away and undesirable that with out that kind of peace i would be mentally dead.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:48 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

DownPressorMan wrote:
I want my peace, my inner untouchable peace of mind. Everything other than that seems so far away and undesirable that with out that kind of peace i would be mentally dead.

Ooooo.... This is a good one. Inner peace, huh?

Great. Do you have an idea of how you're going to go about creating it?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

I don't have really a complete idea about how to create my kind of peace in the long term. All i can do is focussing on the good things, like being thankful for what i already have, listening to my inner voice and trying to understand what it is trying to tell me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 am 
Fresh Fish

i want be miself in all my power, i want be free of all things what don't be me free and well be more happy.

I want give and share this with a women real and honest with me and herself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am 
Dr. Phil

I'm actually getting pretty close to inner piece. It's now really hard to piss me off, exams or other work that isn't going as well as it should barely stress me, and I accept my current situation.
When you realize just how pointless most of the stuff we worry about is, you find peace. Most of the time I get a "why is this making me worried, what's the danger?" or a "why am I getting angry over this?" thought, and then it just subsides because I understand the silliness of it at a deep level. Pretty nice tbh.

Shame it's not working in the women area :S, my brain really does associate approaching random strangers on the street as a "life threatening action". And yup, I'm now 100% certain it's not just women. I've tried to meet men too, No go either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 pm 
Fresh Fish

I want to overcome all of the insecurities that I let shape me for the first two decades years of my life, and share what I learn with my friends so that they might do the same.

I want to challenge myself consistently and never become complacent.

I want to be in absolute control of my own life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 am 
Fresh Fish

Hi!
I want to experience everything that life has to offer and just enjoy it, becouse at the end when that whole movie flashes before my eyes I don't want to waste time watching some boring movie :) . To expand that thought, I want to push my self to the limit, break the boundaries and overcome my fears. By doing all that I will have life that I deserve and be the man I want to be.

When you go through fire, blood, mud and fear, when losing is the same as winning, when you are strong enough to forgive everyone and no one, when you see secret admiration in the eyes of an enemy, then you know you became number-number 1.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 am 
Fresh Fish

Honestly?

Well, I first thought that I wanted to get better with women. I mean, that's the point of AI right? I want to be able to express myself sexually and have a meaningful romantic relationship. Friendship is not a bad thing, but it just isn't enough.

But then I look deeper. I want to become good with women because deep down I don't see myself as a man. Deep down I see myself as a child in an adult's body who is unable to give himself the happiness or satisfaction that he wants.

So, I guess what I am really trying to achieve is self-satisfaction. I want to be able to provide myself with the self-confidence that comes with KNOWING that I am a real man who is able to go through life taking ACTION to solve his problems and reach his goals.

I can think of a list which probably summarises why I feel bad about myself:
- I have no moral compass, other than what society tells me
- I have no passion or ambition, outside of what my family expects of me
- I cannot make decisions. This manifests itself in small things where I won't know what to do when I'm about to leave a girl after a date.
- I procrastinate greatly and don't sleep well as a result
- I am selfish and neglectful of my family at home.

My solutions? Well:
- I'm trying to adopt a 'what are you gonna do about it?' attitude
- I'm trying to live by morals that are INTERNAL without giving a shit what anyone else thinks.
- I *am* interested in my subject area as a whole, but I am not ignited by it. I will hence try and put effort into seeing how my subject leaves its mark in the real world and hope my passion is kindled that way
- I don't know what to do about the decision thing, other than stop second guessing myself.
- Well, I should get off the internet for a start! I will make small, achieveable work goals and continue working until they are achieved.
- I owe my mother and my brothers a huge apology, and will try and make an effort to engage with their daily lives.

Even after all of that though...I would still like to change my interactions with women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:11 pm 
Get Real Graduate

I want to feel in control, not of the external environment - only of myself.

Completely... in every situation... in control of Anish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Nukeco, that is beautiful. I'm impressed with how self aware you are. It takes a lot of courage to admit that to yourself.

And it's great to see you in here Anish. Don't be a stranger now.

Profile WWW 

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 501  Next