Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Memento Mori
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

“Remember you shall die”

How can an ancient Roman generals slave remind you to live your life to the fullest? Memento Mori. Remember you shall die. You are going to die. If you breathe think and speak - then, YOU aren't a rock but a living thing and all living things must die.

Remember your mortality. Remember you were born from nothing and will return to nothing. Remember that you are the sum of all your experiences and that at death when life escape your lungs - when your eyes becomes soul less and roll back in retirement; all your experiences fade and decompose with you.

Breathe your mortality,
Breathe into the inevitability of death.
Its everywhere, it lurks over your shoulder out of sight -
but its so close it can touch its knife to your throat
whenever
given the opportunity.

Think about it. All the ways you pretend to yourself that you will not die. Yes “of course I'm going to die, i already know that”. Do you? do you know that.. If you know about your inevitable death then you must feel this great motivation like i do. If you don't. Then have you really accepted your mortality?

Quote:
In ancient Rome, the phrase is said to have been used on the occasions when a Roman general was parading through the streets of Rome during the victory celebration known as a triumph. Standing behind the victorious general was a slave, and he had the task of reminding the general that, though he was up on the peak today, tomorrow was another day. The servant did this by telling the general that he should remember that he was mortal: “Memento mori.”

now watch this

You have to do your best and live your life in its entirety. Beyond the limitations of your minds perception, beyond the 5 physical senses we perceive the world through, beyond the emotions we feel.

in an instant the gift of life given to you will be taken away from you and you will never experience another breath again; you will never feel warm or cold again; You will never experience compassion or love again; you will never have opinions or reflections again; You will never desire an experience again; You will never need anything from anyone and you will never desire this connection from anyone ever again, for all time to come and pass beyond anything you can hope to comprehend.

You will be dead in every sense of its implied meaning.
This world will no longer be yours but for those still cherishing the gift of life.

While you have this gift of life CELEBRATE. Celebrate every time you draw the world into your chest through breath. Pump its energy into your body and send it coursing through your veins. CELEBRATE that you are intimately connected with the world and the course of the life as we know it. CELEBRATE because you are gifted only this short span of time to enjoy it. CELEBRATE that you can live a life so full that when death comes - you greet its release and embrace; as you drift away with your deepest love, for all you have come to know and feel has uplifted you beyond your imagination and limitation. Where you feel completely full and satisfied with your experience through the gift of life - easing into death happy to retire, when the glory of life is released from your grip.

Now look at your hands. Feel the breath flowing in from the world, into your nostrils, freely flowing into your chest - happy to give you the energy you need experience your gift.

www.attractioninstitute.org/becauseifeltlikeit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:08 pm 
AI Forum Moderator

Fuck!!!!

This man understands this greater than any of us.

Men, keep reading this until you actually GET it, not on a theoretical level, but as something you live and breathe.

If you understand this first time around I'd be very surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:17 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

i get chills watchin that clip. i love it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:22 pm 
Lao Tzu

That clip is sobering, it doesn't put it in that tacky hallmark way either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:59 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

I'm totally blown away... that you managed to use paragraphs. Unbelievable...

And the video was fucking awesome too! Love it. It really got to me.

I've always said that I'll never get a tattoo until I find something that really means something to me. I think I know what it's going to be now.

Now just to work out where...

LoGun

PS. I'm moving this to the Inner Game Essentials board and making this a sticky. Everyone needs to reads this.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

you slut! im gettin this tattooed i call dibs. an ace of spade with a skull in it and the words memento mori underneath!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:17 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Too late, already called. Sorry mate ;)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:21 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

i guess ill just go and die then, no point living now. ill have to remember some how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 pm 
Get Real Graduate

UMM WOW.... the irony is i feel FREE knowing I'm going to die.

VERY POWERFUL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:48 pm 
MasterClass Alumni

Awesome post Sean, cheers for sharing it with us... definitely powerful stuff...

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next