Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

norberserk wrote:
Does anyone here believe in reincarnation? there were some pretty enlightened people believing in it, like buddha

I don't want to say what is true and what is not. I personally don't believe in it since it doesn't make sense scientifically.

But I will Paraphrase Richard Dawkins. Why live your life believing there is something better after death or that you'll come back when you can live the only life you live now to the fullest. People expect something more after we die but how much more can you possibly want? The world is full of such beauty.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Innergameguy wrote:

But I will Paraphrase Richard Dawkins. Why live your life believing there is something better after death or that you'll come back when you can live the only life you live now to the fullest. People expect something more after we die but how much more can you possibly want? The world is full of such beauty.

This is a beautiful point made very beautifully. Thank you.

L.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

norberserk wrote:
Does anyone here believe in reincarnation? there were some pretty enlightened people believing in it, like buddha

I've had several experiences in meditation where a "memory" that was not from this life appeared in my consciousness that explained certain present behaviours.

Whether these experiences are genuine past life memories, I don't know, but if I get the same memory repeating itself over a number of years I'm inclined to give it some validity.

Of course these memories could just be examples of Jungian archetypes or something, so I'm not saying I "believe" in reincarnation, just that it models my experience quite well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 pm 
Get Real Graduate

^ From what I know about meditation, having very vivid visions is common after a while, but is kindof a distraction from the present and not taken to be real. It's just mind tricks. That's according to zen buddhist meditation, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:59 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Apple that reminds me of what carl sagan says. He said we are full of star stuff, we come from the cosmos. He said that there is a side of us that knows this, that longs for a way back. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:22 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

deepPlay wrote:
^ From what I know about meditation, having very vivid visions is common after a while, but is kindof a distraction from the present and not taken to be real. It's just mind tricks. That's according to zen buddhist meditation, anyway.

Depends on the system deepPlay, the school of meditation that I study with has a very thorough approach to dealing with these sorts of experiences. I'm fully aware that other meditation systems deal with these experiences in different ways. These experiences are samskara in the use of the term in both Indian and Buddhist traditions and I deal with them in the Tantric sense. That is, nirvana exists within samsara, awakening exists within illusion, or the flower grows out of the mud :)

As I said, it doesn't matter whether it's "real" or not. The theory of samskara and past-life conditioning for me is a working psychological model in the same way that Freudian psychology is a working model. I could reinterpret the experience in any number of ways and have similar outcomes. Call it "dream therapy" if you will, it doesn't really change the outcome or the procedure for dealing with the experience.

Post subject: Re: Memento Mori
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:39 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

I watched this and the message was tere and I got it and it made me better. But after something today I understand it even more. When school started this year this was the guy, the funny guy, the cool guy, the awesome dude. And we were friends then after he broke up with his girlfriend and a little after that he became really depressed I asked him about it today, he said he was in love with this girl, he turned out to sort of deal drugs a little, and he was with some guys and he didnt want them getting to her so he broke up with ehr which was depressing since she moved on and had a boyfriend already and he got her into pot and shit. Then he told me hewas definately clinically depressed for a while, and his livers giving out on him too which means he's going to die younger than he should. This guy is one of the coolest people I've met, and he gave me a whole new appreciation for life and how happy I am I have a long life ahead of me hopefully, it really was a new lease on life,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:25 am 
Fresh Fish

This is a great idea of looking at life and im still on my way to fully understand it.
A while ago I stumble across a great line that get my attention. Its like:

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

This is so true. As far as I know its from the movie "troy".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

Awesome post, thanks mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:36 am 
Fresh Fish

Everyone should print this and stick it to their refrigerator.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next