Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I've been thinking about tattooing "Memento Mori" on my wrist lately. You know as a reminder.

Post subject: Re: Memento Mori
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am 
Fresh Fish

This was incredible. Death is one of those concepts that is always on the back of your mind, but you're not really comfortable confronting. Like the huge elephant in the room. I think because of how we are programmed as humans through millions of years of evolution, wired to survive at all costs, that death is always unconsciously at the back of our mind. The fact that we are always thinking about it, fearing it, unable to confront it, creates a weight on us that we don't even realize is there. After watching this video, and realizing all this, it feels as though the weight has been partially lifted.

Being religious, I am a little torn about this idea of nothingness after death. I believe strongly there is a God, and life after death, so my interpretation of this was a little different but at the same time just as powerful. I do believe that we need to live life to the fullest, and although I think there is something incredible to look forward to after death, I realize something powerful. After death, I will never again experience life. All the things that I feel right now, all the experiences I have, all the things I could potentially do-- after death i will never be able to feel them in the same human way. And that's a scary idea, but very liberating.

My own takeaway from this lesson, and something I have been thinking about for a while, is this. With this new viewpoint of life , and all the little experiences I take for granted, I came up with this. It may seem unrelated, but here it goes. There are so many bad, mean things in this world. Everyone struggles, and life can seem bleak sometimes. These bad, mean things and people just add to the struggle that is life, and the hardships that we all go through. There are very few people who help ease the struggle, who are good and help you enjoy life because they realize that even though everyone struggles, if everyone just helped each other out collectively the struggle would be much less. These are the kind of people you want to be around, and the people that change your life and that you always remember. I want to be the person, for my friends, family, my future spouse, and for people that I don't even know or will never know.

Thanks again for sharing this great idea and video!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Concept wrote:
Death holds you accountable.

I really does, without it we wouldn't get anything done. Wow this post has got me spinning out. I'll be revisiting this post and see how embedded I can get this into my unconscious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 am 
Dr. Phil

DUDE! I watched the video, and I think I find my life's purpose! Holy f**k...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 am 
Fresh Fish

Remember the importance of time and the decisions we make. This video struck a cord with me, and will perhaps for you too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... utpSwtwozQ

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about people's approval and you will be their prisoner.
- Tao Te Ching

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm 
Fresh Fish

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." - Steve Jobs

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6