Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm 
Fresh Fish

Octa wrote:
yeah maybe.
How did you overcome it ? :)

It's kinda hard to explain, because I'm not too sure myself, so forgive me if it seems like I'm rambling, and I'll try to explain it the best way I can haha. The book you're reading will put everything into context though, it's a great book. ;)

Basically it's about not giving a fuck about what other people think of you.

You need to realize that wanting approval from other people will not make you in control of your happiness. Some people will like you, and some won't. That's just the way it is, and you have to accept that. And when they like you you'll feel great, and when they won't you'll feel shit. But you have to realize that if you keep thinking this way that you'll always give control of your happiness to other people.

I know I used to always try to get everyone to like me, but as hard as I tried, some people will just hate you for weird reasons that are out of your control, like the color of your skin, or the way you talk, or whatever. So I realized that it's just not possible and I stopped caring whether people liked me or not. Stop trying to get everyone to like you and accept that people will judge you.

Basically it's about knowing what a great person YOU are and that no matter what people think of you, that won't change, because you know what you're worth. And if someone says you're an asshole then it won't affect you. You'll just think: "What's her problem?" You know what you are, most people only know you on surface level anyway so what gives them the right to judge you like that?

I did a lot of crazy stuff and I dunno if this helped me with this, but I think it did.... I used to do stuff that's scary and that WILL make people judge you, like saying crazy and weird things (For instance asking groups of woman if they were up for a threesome/orgy or whatever right of the bat, or that I was in the army and was going to Irak the next day and was wondering how far I could get with her). I didn't do this to get anywhere, I purely did it because it's scary and you'll feel that judgment, but after a while you'll realize it's actually not that bad.

Actually walking around the mall in a dress or something would achieve the same effect. (And when you get stopped by the police say that you lost a bet or something, so you won't get arrested :P)

Now I'm not saying do this stuff, but it's what I think has worked for me overcoming that fear of judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 am 
Get Real Graduate

I have realized that now...you're right.
I feel lighter now, but i know its going to take some time getting used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:26 am 
Fresh Fish

Logun or who respond, then say you want to continue living as you and done so far? I say live and so far only my desire to pursue more strongly, and I get to have a girlfriend and I cut and I suffer and I have another and I cut and suffer, and never get to make the choice to do something different. There is no way to start living more in the way of the DO, not live all those frustrating experiences and painful, really do not want to live now and I just wanted out of this dark life I'm living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

I've just PM'd you. Flick me a message when you're ready.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Would this post be related to my problem of feeling like learning to skydive and then getting into wingsuiting would be my purpose? It's a momentary feeling of happiness but once I finish the flight I would just go back to normal

P.s. I haven't started wingsuiting yet, but am split between going down this path of doing thousands of skydives and getting there in a few years or using that money to travel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:24 am 
Endgame Aficionado

Insightful experiences...

I'm also stuck in finding my desire.. to be more precise, in how to fulfill it without relying on others. If anyone can offer insight I would be grateful.

My fears trace down to not being welcome. So I guess the desire is validation. I've always felt validated in many areas of my life, except sexually (I never received much attention like that when I was younger) and also maybe socially (through my parent upbringing who had issues of their own).

So if I'm honest I pursue women for that moment where they kiss back, that moment of sexual validation of being desirable and welcome. I've been trying to find healthier substitutes that come from within myself, but isn't validation always something that comes from others? Is there maybe an underlying desire that I'm missing?

Thank you,
Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am 
Fresh Fish

i think this is the meaning of life. to find what you like, want, need.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4