Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:54 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Beautiful article, Thanks!

Hmm, I wonder if this would give motivation to those people who persist in dealing with that "elephant in the room" instead of going through the pain of changing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 pm 
Dr. Phil

I think it's way too easy for most of us to say "Time is on my side". I say it all the time, and it's said to me all the time by others. These "others" are usually those who've lived a life of quiet desperation and don't want to see me taking opportunities that they themselves had passed up.

I have no regrets yet, but every day I have a look at the big picture, that tomorrow may not be there. The morning is a new day, and a gift to be alive. Life is a gift, not an entitlement. No one can take my high school certificate from me, no one can take my degree or house or car, but life can be taken in less than a second.

The last one really hits home. We sometimes need to give ourselves permission to be happy because it isn't default. After all, exposure to a "happy" stimulus over 100 days is not happiness, it's mediocrity. Appreciating smaller, unnoticed details can provide the happiness that we crave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm 
Fresh Fish

I was sent this article some time ago. Very, very inspirational. Makes us question what it is we should really be doing with our lives.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2