Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 am 
Lao Tzu

Mariano wrote:
So, like the laughing stars at the end of The Little Prince :) . I didn't get what you mean by "and thus manifests in your "reality."" tho. The rest I understood, thanks.

Yeah...I'm not sure what I meant...or actually I did. I got bit carried away with myself. We will have to discuss the ideas St. Ex presents during a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:23 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

lol ok. Did you read the little prince?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

J. Martinez wrote:
Pianoman888 wrote:
I finished the reading, and I love it and am planning to read it through a few more times to understand it better. I really loved chapter 83, with the wells, but I'm not fully understanding it, so it'd be cool if you could point me in the right direction.

Yup. These passages are intentionally "dense." They are, at times, just a clusterfuck of odd yet grammatically correct uses of language. As a result, it will take some re-reading to truly get in to the flow of its "world" or "reality."

When reading it, just take what you can get. Then, as you re-read it, you'll start to "get" even more.

The bit about "the wells." The scene of this book takes place in the desert. The "beauty of the desert" is that somewhere it hides a well. The wells are "prizes" in a dry and arid desert. But not all wells are seen...they are simply assumed to be out there, somewhere. They are invisible to the eye, yet the desert is made more "beautiful" for one who can "dream" of them. A "line of force" is created when a motivational "I ought to pursue" type feeling, or in other words, " your purpose," intertwines with those "dreams" and thus manifests in your "reality."

Not sure this helps...or does it?

Yeah, that definitely clears it up some, and it'll point me in the right direction. It's funny, cuz I was looking for the full text of this online, and I found a "Wisdom of the Sands, Vol. 1 and 2" by Osho, which I started reading, and I absolutely love. I may end up using it if I can ever find a way to choose just one part of it.

"The cork could stick for a real-life Galt, too. But if it did, he would brush the distraction aside; he would not let it affect his mood or evening. In life one ignores the unimportant." -Ayn Rand, on John Galt uncorking a champagne bottle

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 pm 
Lao Tzu

Mariano wrote:
lol ok. Did you read the little prince?

Oh yeah. I've read the little prince. I present a paper on a "theory of love" that was based on the relationship between the prince and the fox. Brilliant book.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:46 am 
Lao Tzu

Hey Guys

So, hows the reading coming? We should begin the process of figuring out a time to Skype to discuss the reading!

My next available date is the weekend of June 1-3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

It's kinda of a hard read for me, and I have a lot to study, but I'm pretty sure I'll have it down by that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:28 am 
Get Real Graduate

same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Somewhere in that weekend works for me. I'm not sure when with graduation parties out the ass, but sometime.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 am 
Lao Tzu

Cool, Cool. I'll be sending a meeting invite to your AI emails....Actually, second thought: Can you all send me your email address to my forum email. This would be easier for me to coordinate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

So, this weekend (1,2,3)? In five minutes it will be 8 pm of Wednesday for me, just so you know my time relative to yours.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next