Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Mission Control

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 pm 
Aristotle

Ho Lee Shieettt...

I did it. I actually fucking did it.

It took me a year and a half, but I just put down my last payment on my credit card and am now completely DEBT FREE.

Not only am I debt free, but the last job I did (using my creative skills) paid me enough that I could not only pay off my debt, but come out several thousand dollars in the black.

FUCK YEAH, SPONTANEOUS BACKFLIP!

I started this thread in June 2011, and now I'm calling it Mission Accomplished!!

I've achieved pretty much everything I set out to do in the original post. I still don't have consistent money coming from my creative skills but I continue to plug away and make regular progress toward that. That's basically a lifelong goal for me now so it's something I will continue to work on...

KICK ANUS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:36 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Mate, this is wicked to hear! Doing backflips with you :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 am 
Get Real Graduate

Lysander, I've read this thread and I find it totally amazing.

Lots of guys in this forum - me included - dream to throw themselves in the wild waters of living doing what they love. I am doing this too, and I've been facing tons of challenges so far. But that's one of the most lively processes I've been so far.

I started a carreer in freelance writing, so I can relate in a lot of these subjects. But I want to write my first book, so I feel a truckload of challenges coming on.

Congratulations!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:59 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

That's fucking rad dude. I didn't see this before.

I'm stickying this to the top of the mission control board as an inspiration to everyone.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 pm 
Aristotle

Thanks lads!

Leir- go for it mate! The best time for me was when I was starting out and I had clear goals and clear challenges ahead of me- it was pretty nerve wracking at times but I followed through and I achieved a lot. A lot of the things I was afraid of before are kinda boring to me now, haha...

There have been times when I've been disheartened, lazy, demotivated and all of that- those have been the hardest times because there's no one else there to push you along if you get slack.

I think it helps to create situations where you also have some external pressure to complete your goals in addition to internal motivation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Hey Lysander,

Nice work man, kickin ass out there in the world, you might want to check out http://www.ellsberg.com/blog and any interviews from the guy who writes it. He does a good one with Ramit Seethi (iwillteachyoutoberich.com) about making money for creative types

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Mission Control

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4