Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Game: Reframing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

We're constantly learning, calcifying, and altering the ways we interact with others from day to day. The purpose of learning new projection techniques is to direct the change in a way that's going to help us achieve our goals.

Now, I don't know about you (well I'm mostly unsure about John) but one of my goals is to have more fun in interactions with women. One way of achieving this that we cover in the live coaching is reframing.

Reframing is taking a statement by someone and filtering it through a different context so that a different interpretation of the words is created. You can choose any one you want but the one that I find most productive is her being a sleazy, dirty, socially inept, alcoholic with personality disorders :D

The reason this one is so powerful is that it creates the right kind of tension: sexual tension (different to sexual chocolate). By reframing her statements as her hitting on you, you create the context whereby she is trying to get in to your pants and you are trying to defend yourself from her sleazy advances.

It's a fun and playful way of interacting with not only women but people in general. It creates and releases tension with is the basis of all humor.

There are two important things to keep in mind when doing this:
1. This is not about making her feel bad, it's about bringing more joy to her world through playfully interacting with her. It's not about status, or value, or any of those other manipulations that people use, it's about being a guy that has fun in everything he does and brings fun to all those around him.

2. Don't try on focus on coming up with the exact line to say or trying to memorise the lines from past adventures, focus on the context that you are using to filter the information. If you focus on the next line you are going to hit her with then you're going to be in your head, if you're focusing on how bad a flirt she is then you're going to be in hers; you're going to be present with her.

The way this game works is that I'll post the first the first example and post a line underneath it. The next person reframes the statement above them and then posts another line for the next person to reframe.

Line: I think I need to leave

Reframe: What? I'm not going to leave with you! We barely know each other!

Line: Are you going to buy me a drink?

Last edited by LoGun (Leigh) on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:10 pm 
Dr. Phil

Reframe: I don't have to if you want to leave with me right now.

Line: I don't make out with guys I have just met.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 pm 
Dr. Phil

Line: Are you going to buy me a drink?

Reframe: What? We are not going to get drunk so you could take advantage of me! I am not that EASY! :wink:

Logun says:

Quote:
Now, I don't know about you (well I'm mostly unsure about John) but one of my goals is to have more fun in interactions with women.

Reframe: You would want that now, would you? :wink:

I'm flattered but I only like hot women! :D

- Clint Eastwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:33 pm 
Lao Tzu

Line: I don't make out with guys I have just met.

Reframe: Either do I, since you're a woman I'll make an exception

or

It's ok I've been stalking you for a while (I'm not sure but it's one thing which popped into my head

Line: I've got a boyfriend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:03 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Balaji wrote:
Line: I've got a boyfriend

Reframe: Surely you know other ways to build sexual tension than bringing up the whole boyfriend thing... :wink:

Line: Are you staring at my tits?

PS. I'd be very gentle with any comments relating to stalking. It can get her a little freaked out.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:14 am 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

Reframe: I'm EXAMINING them. I'm the doctor, you're the patient, and [pull a random girl into set] she is the nurse. How long since your last check-up?

Line: I'm going to the bathroom.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:46 am 
Dr. Phil

Line: I'm going to the bathroom

Reframe: I reckon it would be better at my place. It would be more comfortable and we would have more privacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 am 
Dr. Phil

oops...forgot new line.

Line: You are so weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:47 pm 
Steven wrote:
Reframe: I'm EXAMINING them. I'm the doctor, you're the patient, and [pull a random girl into set] she is the nurse. How long since your last check-up?

Line: I'm going to the bathroom.

Reframe: good idea :shock: it would be really embarrassing if you wee'd your self :? quick dont let a hot guy ruin your new jeans (turn her around and point her towards the toilet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 pm 
Lao Tzu

Reframe: Well that's because I'm talking to you
Line: Is this a joke

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next