Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 489  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

I just got the book today, i have only read up to page 30. So this is just a partial impression.

So far so good. It is great read so far, feels more like a story than a self help guide. As another poster said, it is very much in the style of old greek books (ala plato republic).

Steve's intro, was money in itself. The rest of the book that i have read, is very insightful.

One pua, said "how you live your life and how successful your life is, generally represents your success with women"

This book so far has confirmed it. It has made me question my life, my attitudes, my past interactions with people. How fake i have been. How my life should be far more enjoyable and rewarding than it is.

I would say this book is more aimed for those guys who have been part of this so called "seduction community". Yet the advice, if you read between the lines, is applicable to anyone who wants a more authentic life that will lead to quality women in their lives.

To be continued...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I just finished the book last night, and I loved it. Awesome job!!!

The turning up the volume made me really think, and realize that I'm not really, truly, in touch with my core desires, so that's where I'm going to start. Again, thanks sooooo much!!!

Also, one question I had about the consciousness scale: do I have to go through every level of one way of doing things, like every level of getting, before I can get to the next way? Or is it possible to switch from being in any one level of getting, to the first level of doing?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 am 
Arm Chair Therapist

LoGun wrote:
Yeah, they're the ones I'm talking about. All the 'turn up the volume', honesty stuff.

I like the honesty stuff, it requires significant courage and could be considered a key quality to getting to the Doing pathway as it requires feeling what's happening for you and voicing it. I'll put some of it in practice and see what sort of feedback I get.

The beginning level tantra stuff is ok, it's basic enough to make me wonder where you take it from there, and who you send them off to if they get into tantra in a big way. For instance, whilst Osho was a beautiful public speaker and writer, his organisation was extremely corrupt and I would have concern if you're sending people off there to learn the higher levels. It would also concern me if you're attempting to do a deep non-religious tantric teaching without some face-to-face contact, as it's very possible to lose your grip on reality during such a training. Kali isn't just dancing upon our unconscious desires, she's dancing on the corpses of those who fell off the Path.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:46 am 
Get Real Graduate

Apple wrote:
Kali isn't just dancing upon our unconscious desires, she's dancing on the corpses of those who fell off the Path.

Deep.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:06 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

Just finished the book.

The positives

Overall, i believe that I got my moneys worth. It was highly informative, writing in a appealing way, flowed nicely and helped me understand myself and the world differently.

The concept of the three pathways and the two forces that we seek, is very valuable. Once you understand this you see things in a different light.

The conversation style of the book, and the metaphors and anologies, were very well used.

It kept me tied to the book, intrigued, it read like a good novel. You wanted to finish it. You did get attached to character of "steve" and his progress.

It explains that a lot of the concepts in the book can be applied to your life in other areas. And how certain pathways are inhibiting you in your search for happiness.

The negatives

Most of these are minor points

well there was a few spelling and grammatical errors in the text, which does affect the reading, but does not obscure the message, so it is not worrisome.

The format of the pdf, was very plain. it would have been nice to have some colour or some border. Also adding format styles such as bullet points etc would have been helpful in reading it. If it is a book, than it would be fine, but as a pdf it aint that great when reading it. This is probably a personal preference.

Once i started reading the description of the 10 levels of the scale of consciousness, it started to get boring, and did turn me off from reading it, especially as you did give a brief description the page before. Maybe you could have had it as an appendix, or as another PDF file.

The end of the book seemed rather rushed.

It would have been nice to have a seperate chapter, on specific methods to get to move up the pathways, or even a seperate pdf file as a summary. Maybe you didnt want it to sound like a manual and wanted to be more philosophical.

Maybe you could have put in a bibliography for references and useful books, at the end of the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:21 am 
Fresh Fish

Well done Logun and Steven. I love this book and have recommended it to a few of my less enlightened friends. I was a bit down last week but after reading half the book one night the next day I felt the best I have felt for a long time.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:33 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. It's my first attempt at writing anything other than the short articles you see posted around our blog so it's great to hear that you're able to connect wit both Steve and the concepts.

Pianoman - You can switch all you want. It's probably possible to move around the whole scale without even knowing about it. In my experience through, most people who make solid changes are the ones who don't even worry about the scale and just get in touch with what they're looking for. Instead of trying to be anything, they just find who they are and what they desire in that moment and start working towards it.

Apple - There's no need to worry my friend. I wouldn't take anyone on a journey that I didn't feel was safe for them to go down. There are a couple of different resources we have at our disposal that we use when working with guys and are always working to find the most powerful for the individual.

Cani - thanks for all the detail. There's a whole bunch of stuff there that I'll take into account when I do the next revision. I'm glad to hear you got benefit out of it.

Mikey - Cheers mate. Glad to hear it helped you start to get on top of things.

LoGun

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

'if you want to be THAT guy who makes her feel safe, secure, and excited whenever you're around, then you first have to make yourself feel safe, secure, and excited. You have to feel like your place in this world is certain, like your ability to take whatever the world throws at you is assured, like you can overcome anything that this world throws at you. There are no tricks, techniques, or methods that can completely mask your fear, doubts, or boredom with life. It all comes down to how you engage your world.'

Gold. Pure gold. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time, but I caught it second time around, and it helped me get in touch with my desire and realize that the thing I desire the most right now is certainty. Now the question is: what do I need to do to get certainty in my life?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:53 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Apple wrote:

I don't really like the cheap binding glue used on LuLu books and would prefer a more conventional binder.

Just received my hardcover although SOMEONE forgot to sing it :shock:

Overall the package is quite nice. The paper cover looks good although there is a slight slight stain on "G" in EndGame.

The hardcover design with it's dark blue reminds me of those travel Bibles that you get in American hotels, hehe. It's hard, hurts if you hit yourself in the head with it.

Quality of paper isn't all that since it's quite thin and more disturbingly yellow :D But hey, that's old school.

Font size is small but there are a lot of paragraphs so it's easy to read.

LuLu elves were messy since some glue got stuck between the first two pages and therefore manual separation that resulted in glue stains was needed.

So, technically inferior to it's content but for that, you would have to make it platinum ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:11 am 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

Alright, we're on to it. Leigh just got his copy as well and he is not happy with it either.

It seems that there's a big gap between what Lulu's proof looks like on the screen and what is actually sent in the mail.

I'm looking at other publishing options at the moment, and once we're happy with their product, we will offer anyone who is not happy with their existing copy a free replacement. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, any other feedback from those who bought hardcovers?

Steven

Profile WWW 

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 489  Next