Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:13 am 
Mostly A Gimp. Mostly.

I was running around Ivy last night, trying to find my friend Luke.

Then - distraction! Three pretty girls by the bar are perched on bar stools around a bottle of Champagne. Backs turned to the world, giggling and chatting amongst themselves.

I decide to take a little detour to Luke via the girls. I open, and a minute later I'm part of the group, on first-name basis with all three girls, laughing and carrying on. All thanks to a cool opener which will work on any such set.

What is this "magic" opener?

I'll tell you in a minute. Then again, you know that we're not about finding magic openers here, so you probably already suspect that there is a trick to this. He he he.

First, I want you to think about what happens when you first see a large group of girls? Your mind begins to spit questions at itself, right?

"Should I approach? From what angle? Which girl to open? Fuck, there is guy. What is he going to do? Is he the boyfriend? Do I open the whole set? What do I say? And what do I say after that?"

Thing is, this is exactly what you need to open this set. All you have to do is apply the AI philosophy of " JUST CALL IT AS IT POPS INTO YOUR HEAD" to the situation.

So, what did I say to these girls? Well, I already gave you the opener, two paragraphs above. Something along the lines of,

"Do you women even realise how difficult you sometimes make it for us guys to approach you? I mean, look at this. Three cute girls with their backs turned towards the whole room. This is a fucking nightmare. I don't even know who to talk to first. What am I supposed to say here? ... wow, nice back? ...or, do you all come with the Champagne? Shit!"

This kind of approach subcommunicates everything they need to know about the guy. Social savvy, confidence, sense of humour.

I suppose there is an odd chance they might respond with "But we don't want to meet guys! Go away". This is pretty easy to deal with. If you've ever been out with Leigh, you'll know he is a master of this. The whole,

"Oh, Im so sorry, I got it all wrong. This was the part where I was supposed to buy you more Champagne. And flowers. And a house?" They always crack up.

And what if its a mixed set, i.e., what if there was a guy in that group? Same philosophy applies, just call it as it pops into your head.

"Shit, and there is a guy with you, too. Even more difficult. Is he the boyfriend? The father? The priest?".

The beauty of this philosophy is that you're most present when you are saying what you're thinking. You're being you. You're accepting you. You're accepting the fact that you're a man who is here to meet girls. And that is all they need to know.

Happy flirting, guys.

Steven

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:22 am 
Arm Chair Therapist

your work, i like :) hehe. I like this approach, it's very uncanned and exactly as you said. very you!

"Following the Light in My journey will guide me to the promised land."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:18 pm 
MasterClass Alumni

Haha Yes..I can imagine asking the bartender while standing right next to them "Mate so whats the special deal you guys got on tonight, what is it, every bottle of champagne comes with 3 cute girls...in that case Ill take 5"

Awesome man Ive been trying to work out a good way to approach groups while getting everyone to have fun.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.