Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 am 
Endgame Aficionado

Hey guys,

I just had a really awkward phone call with a girl all the way through. I felt kind of bad. I realized in that moment I was depending her for me to feel good. Thought about it a little longer. Then I started to laugh. Laughing at myself for being inside my head. Caring too much what she thought about me. Mumbling with my words. Disorganized with my thoughts. Why did laugh at this situation? Well, I realized there are a lot of guys who have had far worse bad situation's whatever it might be.

I think sometimes it is good to here each others mess ups or rejections. I know Leigh and Steve have plenty of them as well. It goes to show no matter what happens it ok. Life is to short to care about people are thinking. That is what makes life so interesting. I know some of you have expressed yourself with a attractive girl and she still rejected you. Guess what, it is ok. Laugh about it. Or how about you fell inside your thoughts and were totally needy and of course got rejected. Guess what, that is ok as well. We are all humans as Leigh has sad countless times.

So in conclusion, I would love to her some stories from you guys where you were flat rejected whether it be you were in flow or inside your head. I think it is good to hear. It goes to show us fresh fish it is ok to fall into the needy mindset and just laugh about it and move on to becoming the man we want to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 am 
Endgame Aficionado

Dude,my English is bad. Forgive me for that guys. Maybe I should proof read next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I was still in the PUA mindset when I went to Miami for a New Years celebration. Me and my friend (both underage) got into a bar/lounge type thing, and we went to the outdoor lounge. We started talking to like every girl while we were there, and eventually I got up the courage to go up to these 2 girls who were like queen-bee types. They thought they were the shit and they had their heads high and didn't look at any guys.

I went up to them, and said some corny line about how hadn't I seen them in the city earlier in the day? This chick looked at me and her face started to scrunch and she basically told me she'd never seen me before and that I was lame as hell. Even though it doesn't sound bad, that shit really hurt and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a long time.

I had another night where I just felt super powerless and I went out and I was really disinterested in everything. These two girls were standing next to me, I tapped them on the shoulder and stuck my hand out to introduce myself. They looked at my hand, looked at me and walked away.

I'd say 90% of girls reject you just by looking away and giving really short answers or excusing themselves, very very rarely does someone just straight up reject you.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 am 
Get Real Graduate

So, I'll share some stories of awkwardness I've been through.
Here we go:

1) One of my 1st approaches, when I first started AI, was when I tried to do the Inner Game Challenge, where I was supposed to go and just express what I felt to her.

I was walking down the street when I saw a cute brunette walking home. I reached her and touched her arm, asking if I could talk to her. She said, with a scared face, that "she was late."

I felt like I was some kind of ugly rapist. That shit dropped like a bomb in my stomach. But guess what? It won't kill ya (I think lol).

2) There was another day where I was walking down the street when I saw an amazing blonde in a blue dress, enough to make you stop and think, "wow." Feeling tough and stuff, I went to her (she was walking on the same side of street) and I asked:

"Excuse me, girl, but... what's your name?"

She lowered her head and walked faster. I felt like a big, hot piece of shit when that happened. lol

Still, I'm alive. These cases were mostly the excessions. Most of them girls are educated and polite, and they tend to not be so harsh on rejecting someone.

My experiences, at least.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 am 
Fresh Fish

Everytime I think of 'failure' or 'rejection' when it comes up - also referencing Leigh's article on 'thinking being out of her league is good' - what comes to my mind is actually a business theory, but it's the same thing here: Negative Elevation. It can't go anywhere but up.

What I'd try to do is simply go on, smiling - maybe saying something along the lines of 'have a fine day!" or something alike. I haven't done this in such a situation yet but it worked with people who had an actual problem with me.

[as for face to face encounters, what might also help if you feel it would align with your personality is a change of your 'image' - when I changed my appearance because I wanted to because I felt more confident that way it opened doors in the strangely interesting ways - granted I didn't feel that confident for some time out in public before that]

A pal of mine also recommends as general exercise doing stuff 'out of your comfort zone' in public. That can range from musical performances to dancing and whatnot. If people see that you're able to enjoy yourself doing so they seem to be quite open-minded about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:41 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I was once on a night out and I saw an attractive girl walk past who clearly looked annoyed, fed up and most likely had a bad night.

I didn't want this to be an excuse to not go and talk to her though. I knew it was highly unlikely I was going to see this girl again so I thought I may as well go and talk to her. I may even cheer her up! So this is how it went:

Me: Hi :) I...

Her: FUCK OFF! *walks off*

and that was that.

There was also another situation where I saw a cute girl at uni and this happened:

Me: Hey :) I noticed you were sat on your own and I think you look cute so I thought I would come and talk to you.

she didn't say one word, she just gave me a long, cold, hard stare.

I'm in the same boat as Leir, these responses are in the minority, so when they do happen just laugh them off :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5_Zyvve1yQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

This happened really recently. I was at a party and this girl and me were hitting it off. I then smoked some weed which really took me out of the moment. It became really awkward and I still tried to push it, and I remember it just not feeling right but I told her she was pretty and wanted to kiss her, then she was like uhhh i dont think so. I felt so awkward but after it happened I just accepted that it had happened that way, and I was ok with it.

I can recall many times texting a girl and then just getting a no response for whatever reason. I remember I really hit it off with this girl, we met at this bar and we were talking for a few hours, kissing, dancing, and by the end of the night I didn't need to ask for her number, she took my phone and put it in, and then was saying that I better text her. A few days passed, I texted her, no response. Waited another few days, texted, no response.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.