Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 502  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:26 am 
Fresh Fish

First post. Hi!

The upside is that I’m having a great time expanding my circle of some very interesting and beautiful women in my life and I think it’s down to some great material that I have read over the past couple of weeks on this site. It’s all happening very quickly. Thanks to a great many of you, as you have given me new reference points to reassess my past experiences.

Having come through two long relationships, and particularly with the last one, been left with a feeling of ‘fuck it’s gone to shit – again’, I am SO enjoying the sensation of being single and up for what could come my way. I’m bouncing again; rusty, bumbling but bouncing.

The downside. I feel like I have a handbrake on my interactions, stemming from not wanting to get caught up in something long term. I have absolutely no objections to a long term relationship, but I don’t want to make that my focus. I just want to enjoy finding out if I am into the woman that I am interacting with. I don’t want her to latch on after a good night’s sex and I don’t want to feel obliged any further than I want to. Has anybody got some insights into this please?

One of things I have appreciated most about this site is the focus on developing / maintaining your life’s purpose and its relationship to attracting women. It’s given me a new perspective on my chosen career and how it can integrate into the core of my being – my attraction to women. It also throws into relief the contrast between the confidence I have in my work space and with the people in it, and the often lack of it I have in non work spaces. How to get into that same flow in other environments in which I don't have high skill levels to lean on? Anyone else feel the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:08 pm 
Fresh Fish

I want to one day have a nice house, a garden, a pet, a great wife, and children, I want the dream-life, why? because I want to make that part of my reality, I don't plan on getting happiness from it, I want it to add to the happiness that I already feel inside, and if it doesn't? no big deal, then I'll just keep on searching for something that DOES truely fullfil me, something that further enriches the life that I already built for myself,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:22 am 
Fresh Fish

What I'm trying to achieve is self-acceptance: months ago I started changing my life and that is still happening. I was used to try to achieve acceptance by people (girls, obviously, but even guys). Facing that, and understanding the motive, caused me some pain, but, since that day, I have been feeling free and satisfied, for the very first time in my life.
But I know that my objective is still far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am 
Fresh Fish

A few years from now, I want to do something crazy. I want to get up at 4 a.m., while it's still dark, and head to the Dune Climb with the love of my life. This seems to be an Australian-based pickup community. You probably don't know how beautiful Northwestern Michigan is, if you've even heard of Michigan at all. Michigan is the American state with all the lakes around it. It looks like a mitten, but it also has a 'little finger' on the west side, the Leelanau Peninsula, a small peninsula surrounded by Lake Michigan. This is where I grew up and I believe it to be the most beautiful place in the world. In Leelanau, there are sand dunes by the lake, vast and beautiful expanses left by the glaciers. There is a place inland where you can climb the dunes, but if you keep going west for about two hours, you'll get to the lake. I see myself hand and hand with this girl in the blue, pre-dawn light. The hike is really no problem for us; she's very athletic, runs marathons or something :), and I've recently finished my first triathlon myself (no, I'm not a triathlete yet, but that's another goal of mine), so this is a walk in the park for us. We laugh a lot; she has a lovely sense of humor and one not far from my own. We get to the beach and watch the sunrise, eating a baguette, some artisan cheese, and a bottle of Mawby sparkling wine (this girl will be totally down with drinking wine at 6 a.m.). And as I smile and look into her eyes, my dream is that I'll know that I can give to her as much as she gives to me; that I am the man that she has been waiting for, and that I am worthy of the profound joy that I am experiencing.

That's my dream. That, and getting into medical school :).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 pm 
Get Real Graduate

I want to live the dream... instead of living in a dream(which is what I'm doing now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 am 
Get Real Graduate

Why are you getting caught up on things you cannot control?

That's my question to you good sir!

And welcome.

Accept that she could fall for you, accept that maybe she'll be so amazing, that you could do the same. Accept that you can only be you in your interactions and as thus, you can't control them, because you're interacting with people that aren't you, that have had different experiences, and are looking for different things.

Articulate what you want, and go for it. (Read the post "Women don't desire sex", you'll realise there are plenty of girls out their that share your frame of mind, you're not alone with that!)

Oh and in terms of what I want to achieve. I want fulfilment. Long lasting life fulfilment, through the following of my core desires and reaching my purpose.

Sly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm 
Fresh Fish

I am out to achieve a regretless life. No regrets.

To life live to the fullest, only limited by that which i don't and never will know. To know myslef as source and co-creator of my experience called life. To bring others on the journey to know their true selves. It's much more fun when there are others who know where your at/where your going to share in the experience!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Good stuff, Anton. I'm trying to bury my regrets/disappointments regarding involuntary celibacy and just go out and have a hell of an adventure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 pm 
Fresh Fish

Dude, if you choose to be celebate, you then have power. You are choosing this experience and it is no longer happening to you. You are taking back control of your life.

The adventure really begins when you see every experience you have as a choice. When you consciously choose to be celebate, angry, sad, happy etc then you are living a truely created life. Life no longer happens to you, you create it either with awareness or not. And anything anyone says or does happens because you chose to experience those emotions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:44 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Right now, I'm just trying to get more comfortable in social situations with people I don't know. I don't really care about attracting women, I just wanna be better in all social situations.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Icing On Top.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 502  Next