Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Ask me ANYTHING!!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Got a burning question that you just can't find the answer to?

Approaching, escalation, confidence, that weird rash that only appears when you don't shower for 3 days?

I've been getting a bucketload of very specific questions through the blog comments over the last few weeks. Questions that I'm sure other guys would love to hear the answer to.

So, instead of just answering them on a random thread and no-one ever seeing them again, I've decided to start doing monthly podcasts where I answer all your most pressing questions and broadcast it out to the AI nation.

To get your question answered, all you need to do is include it in this thread and I'll include it in the next call.

When you ask your question, please make sure you include as much detail as possible. Don't just ask "How do I approach?", give me specific details of the situations you find yourself in where you can't approach, what you think is stopping you, and what you really want to happen.

Something like:

"I was on the street the other day and saw this stunning woman. She was walking towards me and we made eye contact. I wanted to say hi, I wanted to tell her that she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen, but I couldn't get my mouth to make the words. What can I do to be able to express myself more?"

Or similar...

The more detail you include, the more useful the answer you'll get.

So, ask away and once we have enough for the first podcast, I'll get it done.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 am 
Fresh Fish

can you talk a little bit about cheating?? I mean, why women cheat???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:46 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Yeah mate, I can.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Ask me ANYTHING!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 pm 
Endgame Aficionado

what do you think i need to hear? (that im not being told or not listening to at the moment)

www.attractioninstitute.org/becauseifeltlikeit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm 
Fresh Fish

I apologize for starting a new post, but I copied it from what I posted and this is my question. I don't have an official diagnosis of Aspergers but I have wondered if I have it for a number of years and my Psychologist was the one who brought it up last week. If I am not obsessively talking about whatever I happen to be currently obsessing over I do perfectly fine in most situations and most people would simply find me eccentric. If I simply follow the advice in "Endgame" which I agree with, talk about whatever I want, listen, just be open and honest, get to the doing mode and leave the getting mode behind it seems as though it should work despite my issue. The problem is sometimes I don't realize until it is too late that I am talking in ways that show clearly I am not neurotypical. The idea of memorizing lines looks so attractive to me because of this, it eliminates the possibility of me starting to talk about Star Trek, Linux, Alien Astronauts, Philosophy, Cynicism about marriage, Cynicism about religion, etc etc. I easily will give a 20 minute dissertation on DEEP subjects that are like second nature to me that other people can't even process. They think I am arrogantly condescending, talking down at them, trying to show off my intelligence, intimidating, when it is merely normal to me as I used to think that everyone thought just like me so it was ok to talk about the meaning of life with total strangers or tell them my most intimate details/secrets. I then would ask people what I am doing wrong and they look at me like I have 2 heads, specifically dealing with attractive women. I am not clumsy at least and am above average in looks. How do I integrate the teachings in "Endgame" considering how my brain processes information?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:29 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Sean wrote:
what do you think i need to hear? (that im not being told or not listening to at the moment)

It's all bullshit until you make it real.

What are you choosing to make real and is that serving you?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:23 am 
Endgame Aficionado

I've improved greatly when its come to approaching, following Mode One I've come to better be able to express my interest in women yet I still have some sticking point.
1. Groups or people nearby. I'm still self conscious when it comes to getting the nerve to approach a woman near a group of people. I have an idea but I'd like to get some various input. How do handle approaching a women when near a group or within a group?
2. With this improvement I've somewhat got some handle on letting go of all my preoccupations with approaching but I still gotta do some mental battling to get it and sometimes time is of the essence cause a real beauty can only be around so long while I sort my mind out, How do I get rid of my slight hesitation when I approach sometimes?
I've only once really talked to a really cutie at the snap of a finger, I got an idea but once again a little extra input wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:10 am 
Fresh Fish

How the fuck do you make your life exciting??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm 
Jung

What are some different levels of meditation that will help improve focus?

Specifically want to know about advanced stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:44 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

EDIT: I've started writing my OPD, putting a lot of me into it, and trying to keep focused on it, and things are better. I feel a lot more grounded in myself, like I am there, with myself. Definitely not getting lost in other people. (I felt like I paid so much attention to others that I forgot I was even there.) And when someone doesn't do something that shows they 'like' me, it doesn't hurt anywhere as much. It feels like "yeah they don't invite me, but I'm with myself (and I'm being the me I like the most, as much as I can, who better than that to be with?). This is just a couple of days after wrting the post, but it shows promise. :mrgreen: It's the whole basis of AI and I hadn't been really applying till now. That's what it feels like now, anyway.

I'm having a hard time finding a way to work through this:

I'm really lonely and I'm having trouble making friends, because I'm getting too caught up in what they could think instead of what do i feel like. So I'm not real, I'm not myself and nobody wants to have anything to do with me then, and that hurts. How would you go about reversing that? What I've got is:

I'm trying to feel connected/loved/accepted by hiding the parts of myself that others may not like. Thus I end up just closing myselff off 100%.

Another way I've tried to feel like that is to instead focus on what I am feeling as much as I can, and when the opportunity to say/do something appears, to do that according to how I'm really feeling, not what I think I *should*... but it's like a trap, because I'm thinking about 'being myself' but that only puts me more in my head, and if I just let it be I end up in my head anyway when around other people.

Also I think that just sucking it up and focusing only on yourself and on doing things to get the life you want, powering through, and kinda passively ignoring everyone else so you don't fall into trying to depend on other people makes *some* sense, and I've been doing it a lot lately, but that's really painful. The loneliness just ends up being too painful, and I'm doing it to stop being lonely in the end, so... I don't know.

I've made a commitment to meditating correctly half an hour every morning and it helps to be more aware, and also BP week 7, but I'm stuck with that thing I wrote about above.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next