Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:51 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Hey mate,

You've said a lot of things but I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. Can you try and phrase it into a question?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:08 am 
Dr. Phil

LoGun (Leigh) wrote:
Hey mate,

You've said a lot of things but I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. Can you try and phrase it into a question?

It's probably something that is extremely subjective and possibly totally non-conceptual, which is why it might be hard to explain what I'm even referring to.

What I'm asking probably boils down to finding one's purpose, however, I'm not talking about an idea that can necessarily be clearly stated - I'm talking about the feeling that accompanies that sense of purpose, which would be the true driver of one's actions, not the idea itself. For example, if you felt that your life's mission was to feed hungry children, not just because it's a noble cause but because it felt like the reason you were put on this planet, there would likely be an overwhelming sense of rightness in working towards that goal. When I mentioned goals that are set solely for the self-concept of the goal-setter, I'm referring to goals that fall outside of the scope of furthering that purpose. Using the previous example, increasing one's one rep bench max is pretty irrelevant to feeding hungry children and could be seen as a complete waste of time by comparison.

Then again, I could be approaching the question from the wrong angle. It might be that one's purpose and the accompanying feeling are understood simultaneously. There could be a number of incorrect assumptions inherent in the question.

I know it's extremely vague. I'm assuming that you feel that you are living roughly in line with your purpose in life so perhaps you could talk about how you knew starting AI was the right move for you. So how did you know?

If that still doesn't make sense, it's no big deal. I'll figure it out.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 am 
Dr. Phil

By the way, in case anyone wants to know, the first step is to stop doing all of the bullshit that has nothing to do with purpose. It's all filler and it's an avoidance against finding out who you really are. After that, though, I'm not quite sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

What are the ways you know how to spot your blind spots, get reality checked and spot bullshit you're using/running? How do you apply them in your daily life? Especially any ways that you can apply by yourself when you don't have a mentor/other person to call you on your bullshit.

What do you do / have you done when you've noticed something's 'off' in the way you're living? Like "I notice I'm trying to control the external environment again... I need to-" what? How do you bring yourself back on track? What are all the tools you can think of to snap yourself out of that? What I've experienced that helps is pain. The pain of seeing yourself stuck while others are way ahead of you, having started years after you. The pain of still being in the same place. The pain of not feeling good enough. But anything you can add to that would be great.

If I know that I have a shitton of stuff to work on to be the kind of man my ideal women want, to approach her and life in general from the place I want to, should I still work on getting comfortable with approaching at the same time as I'm dealing with my other shit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:32 am 
Arm Chair Therapist

LOVE. What is love from your point of view and what it is not? What role does it play in becoming confident and how it relates to sex?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Ask me ANYTHING!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:53 am 
Get Real Graduate

I got this crush on girlfriend of my friend and I'd like to ask, what would be good strategy and things to keep in mind when trying to pursue things on deeper level?

Another thing is that sometimes single girls don't attract me that much since they might be too needy and have these weird expectations on me so some comment on that one would be cool too. I guess I should focus on taking things painfully slow so that we both have time to get our shit together (not literally)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 am 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

What would you like me to say about girls you're not attracted to? If you're not attracted to them, why are you thinking about them?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 am 
Fresh Fish

how do you stay in set (endure test) when she is shit testing you at the nightclub? and when she doesn´t talk you back in that situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:40 am 
Fresh Fish

I´ll rephrase my question: Did you get the most of your skills with women (conversation, physicality, etc) by going to nightclubs?. If so, apart from following your propouse, focus and actions, how did you gradually train yourself in that environment? (e.g stay in set without you shooting in your foot, be physical without being creepy, when you felt like shit if you approach girls anyway, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:55 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

Just recorded the second podcast. This is a fun one. I'll post it up as soon as it's finished editing.

Profile WWW 

Board index : THE LOUNGE : The Welcome Mat

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next