[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
View topic - The capacity to love...

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Meeting, Dating and Relationships

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: The capacity to love...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 pm 
Mostly A Man. Mostly.

I thought you guys might enjoy this quote

------------

The capacity to be alone is the capacity to love. It may look paradoxical to you, but it is not. It is an existential truth: only those persons who are capable of being alone are capable of love, of sharing, of going into the deepest core of the other person - without possessing the other, without becoming dependent on the other, without reducing the other to a thing, and without becoming addicted to the other. They allow the other absolute freedom, because they know that if the other leaves, they will be as happy as they are now. Their happiness cannot be taken by the other, because it is not given by the other.

Then why do they want to be together? It is no longer a need; it is a luxury. Try to understand it. Real persons love each other as a luxury; it is not a need. They enjoy sharing: they have so much joy; they would like to pour it into somebody. And they know how to play their life as a solo instrument. The solo flute player knows how to enjoy his flute alone. And if he comes and finds a tabla player, a solo tabla player, they will enjoy being together and creating a harmony between the flute and the tabla. Both will enjoy it: they will both pour their richness into each other."

From Being in Love
by Osho

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 pm 
Get Real Graduate

I was JUST about to post this! Saw it in the same place you probably saw it: the Tantric Blossoming newsletter.

I love playing my flute by myself sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:10 am 
Aristotle

Those who have the greatest capacity for good have the greatest capacity for evil - nurse jackie (new showtime show)

seemed relevant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 am 
Jung

I read this and then asked myself 'What the fuck have I been doing lately?'

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm 
Freud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 pm 
Get Real Graduate

Check my blog out => http://roaggz.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm 
Arm Chair Therapist

After my enlightening walk just earlier, I finally get what Osho is saying, even though I've read him saying the same thing over and over in the past. I couldn't accept myself, I couldn't love myself, and was constantly driven to distraction. During this walk I felt that joy is the very best pursuit - not women, not sex. In being filled with joy myself, I have no need to seek it from another. And every need for validation simply drops away in the space of pure satisfaction.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 am 
Fresh Fish

ok, I find the quote very interesting, but there is a question now:

how do I reach such state of not feeling the necessity of having someone (i.e. having a girlfriend)?

Should I fix my thinking patterens? Or something else, I don't know...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 am 
AI Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 am 
Fresh Fish

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Meeting, Dating and Relationships

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next